The LightWave 3D® Group provides Award-Winning, Production-Proven VFX and Animation Tools for Artists, combining a state-of-the-art renderer with powerful, intuitive modeling and animation tools. It is enjoyed worldwide as a complete 3D production solution for feature film and television visual effects, broadcast design, print graphics, visualization, and game and web development. LightWave is responsible for more artists winning Emmy Awards than any other 3D application.
We are a dynamic, multi-national team, composed of experienced programmers and 3D Artists, working in a tight feedback loop with 3D animation studios and individual artists to develop the fastest and most efficient 3D production workflow.
We are looking for results-driven, brilliant engineers to work on extending the functionality of the LightWave polygonal and procedural modeling toolset. This will require a good working knowledge of 2D and 3D math and numerical programming including the development of algorithms using parallel and SIMD processing, including 2D/3D subdivision and spatial partitioning techniques and a track record of developing high quality and high performance interactive 3D mesh manipulation tools.
As a C++ programmer with the LightWave 3D® Group, you will play your part in planning and delivering releases at hiqh quality and stability. You will develop and maintain code in a multi-platform environment using Continuous Integration tools for automated testing. In the course of developing modeling tools, a good working knowledge of OpenGL programming and scripting in Python is recommended.
- Be a self-motivated, proactive team player with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Facilitate project planning and provide estimates for tasks assigned to you by management and lead engineers
- Deliver on goals in a timely manner and provide regular progress updates
- Use modern software development tools and processes (Kanban, Scrum)
- Document your work clearly and concisely in the source code
- Excellent C/C++
- Experience with 2D and 3D math and numerical programming
- Experience with subdivision schemes and procedural modeling techniques
- Ability to understand and implement algorithms described in current papers in the field of modeling and geometry
- Experience with development of multi-threaded algorithms and SIMD programming
- Development and debugging skills on Windows, OSX and Linux
- Experience with distributed source control systems like git and Mercurial
- Experience with refactoring large C/C++ codebases is a plus
- Experience with the Qt multi-platform toolkit is a plus
- Experience with modeling, sculpting, 3D painting and animation from the user's perspective is a plus
- Python experience advantageous
If you enjoy big challenges, teamwork and the opportunity to change lives with the products you help to create, then contact us with your resume.